Beth Israel Medical Center, Department of Neurology - Neuropsychology Externship, Adults and Children
January 12, 2016
Name of Externship: Beth Israel Medical Center, Department of Neurology - Neuropsychology Externship, Adults
Name of Director/Coordinator: Christina A. Palmese PhD ABPP
- 10 Union Square East
- New York, NY 10003
Start Date: on/around July 1
End Date: on/around June 30
- The Beth Israel Neuropsychology Training Program is seeking 1 extern who is advanced in their training and who wishes to gain greater exposure to neuropsychological examination across the lifespan.
Primary responsibilities include outpatient assessment of individuals with a range of neurological disorders including epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, and stroke. There also will be opportunities to work with individuals with learning disabilities and ADHD.
Didactics including case conferences and neurology grand rounds are offered. Supervision will be provided by a board certified neuropsychologist.
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- Externs must be available Fridays and one other day (excluding Tuesdays)throughout the 2016-2017 academic year.
The schedule on these days is flexible.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- The position is open to experienced students who have a solid background in neuropsychological assessment
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- Advanced students
Is there a stipend for externs?
What materials need to be submitted?
- Cover letter
- 2 letters of recommendation
How should it be submitted?
- Postal mail or Email (Preferred). Applicants wishing to confirm receipt of their application should direct queries to Dr. Palmese, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Applicants will be notified about interviews via email. Interview process consists of individual interviews with Dr. Palmese.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
Training models offered:
- Comprehensive Neuropsychological examination that complies with Houston Guidelines
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Assessment Only.
If any of these intervention experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: N/A
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Comprehensive neuropsychological examination
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
- One full battery per week.
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
- One report per week.
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: Externs receive a minimum of 1 hr supervision per case.
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: Open, dependent upon extern schedules.
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1-3 hours depending on extern's days of availability.
|Amichaelides 13:47, 29 Nov 2009 (EST)|