Blythedale Children’s Hospital-Neuropsychological Assessment
February 3, 2012
Name of Externship: Blythedale Children's Hospital Neuropsychological Assessment
Name of Director/Coordinator: Dr. Chris Rackley
- 95 Bradhurst Ave
- Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: Not Given
Start Date: Standard start dates
End Date: Standard end dates
- Neuropsych, Clinical
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 2 full days at least
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- Take third years above, need to have neuropsych assessment experience and coursework
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- Not Specified
Is there a stipend for externs?
What materials need to be submitted?
- copy of one test report
- 2 Letters of Reference
How should it be submitted?
- Preferred via email
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Cant interview everyone since they get a lot of applicants, so he sees level of interest and level of qualification then offers interview to best applicants. One interview round, then makes offer.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
Training models offered:
- evidence based assessment models
- evidence based treatment models
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Potential for brief intervention training experiences.
If any of these intervention experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
- Not specified.
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: Depends. Can be several.
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Intake Report Writing
- Psychological Assessment and Report Writing
- Neuropsychological Assessment and Report Writing
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
- Expect at least 1 a week
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
- 1 per week. Teach how to write brief and to the point reports to answer the referral question
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: depends on # pf assessment. Could be up to 3 hours based on number of cases.
Estimated hours/week of group supervision:
Estimated hours/week of didactics: Some psychopharmacology, assessment, how to read Medical charts. Working in hospital setting.
|Amichaelides 13:47, 29 Nov 2009 (EST)|