Children's Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center/Rose F. Kennedy Center at Montefiore (formerly AECOM) - Adult Literacy Program
November 17, 2015
Name of Externship: Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC) at Montefiore (formerly AECOM), Adult Literacy Program
Fisher Landau Center for the Treatment of Learning Disabilities
Name of Director/Coordinator: Monica McQuaid, PhD
- 1225 Morris Park Avenue
- Bronx, New York 10461
Telephone: (718) 430-3906
Fax: (718) 829-2931
Email: Monica McQuaid, PhD
Start Date: July or September, 2016
End Date: June, 2017
- This externship is open to students in clinical or school psychology programs and students pursuing a master's degree in mental health counseling.
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- Able to develop individual schedules (including daytime and evening hours), but must work at least two non-consecutive days.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- The only requirement to provide treatment is that the applicant be in a doctoral level psychology program or a master's program in mental health counseling. Only doctoral students will be permitted to perform assessments.
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- We would prefer that applicants have at least one year of testing experience in order to perform assessments.
Is there a stipend for externs?
What materials need to be submitted?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Letters of Reference
- Sample Report (for students wishing to perform assessments)
- Curriculum Vitae
How should it be submitted?
- Email CV, sample report, and letter. Please have writers e-mail letters of reference
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Applications will be reviewed in January and interviews will be scheduled in February. We will take on two externs. Decisions will not be announced until March 2nd, 2015.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
If any of these populations are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
- Not specified.
Training models offered:
- Evidence-based assessment models
- Evidence-based treatment models
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
- Not specified.
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Adult Psychoeducational Therapy
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Psychological and Psychoeducational Assessment and Report Writing
If any of these assessment experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
- As previously stated, only doctoral level students will be permitted to perform assessments. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. At least one year of prior assessment experience is preferred.
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
- Patients are given two assessment appointments (psychological & psychoeducational). Externs will be expected to have one assessment appointment each week.
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
- Externs will complete approximately 10 assessment reports.
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1 hour
Estimated hours/week of group supervision:
Estimated hours/week of didactics: Not required, but weekly core lectures are given by the unit directors every Tuesday and monthly grand rounds are held on Mondays. All externs are invited and encouraged to attend.
|Amichaelides 22:30, 7 Jan 2010 (EST)|