Children's Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center/Rose F. Kennedy Center at Montefiore (formerly AECOM) - Early Childhood Center
September 8th, 2017
Name of Externship: Children's Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center/Rose F. Kennedy Center at Montefiore - Early Childhood Center
Name of Director/Coordinator: Anne Murphy PhD
- Van Etten Building
- 1225 Morris Park Ave.
- Bronx, New York 10461
Telephone: (718) 839-7200
Fax: (718) 862-7330
Practicum Specific Webpage:
Externship Frequently Asked Questions:
Start Date: July, 2018
End Date: June, 2019
- doctoral candidates in Clinical Psychology or School/Clinical Psychology programs. Candidates should have particular interest and experience working with children and families.
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 16-20 hours. 2 days per week required (Mondays are required for all students), 3 days recommended for students who want to take advantage of all this externship has to offer (i.e., groups, testing, individual cases).
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants): Generally, students applying for their third or fourth year externship are preferred. Students applying for their 2nd year externship who have early childhood and/or clinical experience prior to graduate school will also be considered.
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- Strong interest in: infancy and early childhood; attachment theory and parent-child relationships; trauma-focused therapy
Is there a stipend for externs?
- a federal fellowship available on a competitive basis; includes research project commitment and a required third partial day at the externship for a weekly "core lecture"
What materials need to be submitted?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Curriculum Vitae
How should it be submitted?
- Email CV, cover letter, and letters of recommendation. Please have recommenders email their letters of reference directly to email@example.com.
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Not specified.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
- Families with Infants, Toddlers and Preschool Age
- Families involved in Child Welfare System
- Families referred from Preventive Service Agencies
- Parents with significant history of trauma
- Children with developmental delays
- Families living in poverty
- School-aged children with emotional/behavioral difficulties
Training models offered:
- Group Attachment Based Intervention (English and Spanish)
- Parent Child Dyadic Psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy for adults
- Play therapy
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Group Attachment Based Intervention (GABI)
- Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Parental Mental Health (adult psychotherapy)
- Play Therapy
- Dyadic Therapy
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Trauma Informed Developmental Screening
- Comprehensive psychological Evaluations on an as needed basis (Children and adults)
- Cognitive and adaptive psychological evaluations of children with developmental disabilities, applying for OPWDD
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1-2 hours
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: 2-3 hours
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1 hour
|Amichaelides 22:30, 7 Jan 2010 (EST)|