Leake and Watts Services, Inc.
January 13, 2015
Name of Externship: Leake and Watts Services, Inc.
Name of Director/Coordinator: Robyn Connuck Jacobson, Psy.D.
- 463 Hawthorne Avenue
- Yonkers, NY 10705
Telephone: (914) 375-8779
Fax: (914) 375-8715
Start Date: July
End Date: June
- Some possibilities for some school work as well.
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- The externship is 16 to 20 hours per week, distributed over two or two and a half days.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- No prior externship required prior to this one.
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- No undergrads, Master’s level OK.
Is there a stipend for externs?
Do you permit applications before January 15?
What materials need to be submitted?
- To apply, please submit the following documents:
- 1. Cover letter
- 2. Curriculum vitae
- 3. Two letters of reccomendation
- 4. Letter from department chairperson indicating readiness for externship
- A test report, if available
- A test report, if available
How should it be submitted?
- Applications can be sent electronically or by mail to Dr. Jacobson at the Yonkers address.
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Applications will be accepted beginning January 20, 2015. Interviews will be scheduled by site supervisors in late January/February.
Description of Externship
- There are two externship positions available. One is located on the Yonkers campus at the Residental Treatment Center, the other is located in the Bronx in the Family Foster Care department. The goal of the externship is to train psychologists to work children and families in a residental setting placed through their home district CSE or DSS or those in foster care through ACS. Externs are trained through close clinical supervision and collaborative work with multi-disciplinary treatment teams.
- Externs carry a caseload of 4-6 individual cases, as well as conducting psychological evaluations and consulting with the school and cottage staff and/or parents and foster parents. There are opportunities for group work and family therapy. Additionally opportunities to work with adolescents involved in the Juvenile Justice system or undocumented children who have come into the United States from other countries without an adult guardian (must be bi-lingual).
Populations commonly served:
- Ethnic Minorities
- TBI/Cog impairment
- Developmental Disabilities
- Substance Abuse
- Juvenile Justice
- Undocumented Unaccompanied Minors
If any of these populations are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
- Must be Spanish speaking to work with Undocumented Unaccompanied Minors
Training models offered:
- Family Systems
:Applied Behavior Analysis
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Therapy
- Family/couples Therapy
- Mental Health Consultation
- School Consultation
If any of these intervention experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: 4-6
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Intake Report Writing
- Assessment Report Writing
- Behavioral Assessment
- Personality/Psychopathology Assessment
- Structured Interviewing
- Mental Status Exam
If any of these assessment experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1-2
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: 1
Estimated hours/week of didactics: none
|Amichaelides 22:41, 1 Jan 2010 (EST)|