Maimonides Medical Center - Adult Outpatient/Wellness Recovery Program Track
January 9, 2018
Name of Externship: Maimonides Medical Center - Adult Outpatient/Wellness Recovery Program Track
Name of Director/Coordinator: Dr. Lyra Ward
- 920 48th St.
- Brooklyn, NY 11219
Webpage: PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR WEB PAGE IS NOT CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED REGULARLY AND DOES NOT CONTAIN CURRENT EXTERNSHIP INFORMATION.
Start Date: Monday after Labor Day
End Date: end of June
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 16 hours/week in 2 days with Friday AM required
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- Externs should have experience conducting therapy sessions and basic assessment batteries. Externs must have a Master's Degree by the start of the externship
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- See above.
Is there a stipend for externs?
Do you permit applications before January 16, 2018?
What materials need to be submitted?
- Submit a letter from the university internship director signifying the readiness of the candidate to begin an externship year
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Transcript (does not have to be official)
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
How should it be submitted?
- E-mail Adult Outpatient/Wellness Recovery Program Externship Applications to:
- Lyra Ward, Ph.D.
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- we follow the PSNYDS Guidelines for Externship applictions and notifications..
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
- Ethnic Minorities
If any of these populations are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Training models offered:
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Therapy
If any of these intervention experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: it varies, 6-7 usually
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Psychological Testing
- Intake Report Writing
- Assessment Report Writing
- Behavioral Assessment
- Personality/Psychopathology Assessment
- Structured Interviewing
- Mental Status Exam
- Psychological Testing
If any of these assessment experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 2
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: 2
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1
|Amichaelides 23:08, 1 Jan 2010 (EST)|
- For the 2018-2019 externship year we anticipate offering two externships in the Adult Outpatient/Wellness Recovery Program