Manhattanville College Counseling and Wellness Center
December 23, 2016
Name of Externship: Manhattanville College Counseling and Wellness Center
Name of Director/Coordinator: Elana Light, PsyD
- 2900 Purchase St.
- Founders Hall G-29
- Purchase, NY 10577
Email: Elana Light
Start Date: August 27, 2018
End Date: May 24, 20019
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 2 days a week, 8 hrs per day, flexibility in scheduling.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- We're accepting applications from students with a minimum of one year of externship experience.
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- Outpatient therapy
Is there a stipend for externs?
Additional dates for applications?
- We follow PSYDNYS-NYNJADOT externship guidelines.
What materials need to be submitted?
- Cover Letter
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Cover Letter
How should it be submitted?
- Email or mail to Dr. Light at the above address.
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Will be notified on a rolling basis
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
- Ethnic Minorities
- Developmental Disabilities
- College students
If any of these populations are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Training models offered:
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Therapy
- School Consultation
- Family/Marital Therapy
If any of these intervention experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: 8
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Assessment Report Writing
- Personality/Psychopathology Assessment
- Mental Status Exam
If any of these assessment experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
- Approximately 6 full batteries
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
- You may elect to do none or more, it’s up to the student to request.
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 2
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: 1 if elected
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1 hr