Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Neuropsychological Assessment Service
February 28, 2018
Name of Externship: Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Neuropsychological Assessment Service (Externship in Clinical Neuropsychology)
Name of Director/Coordinator: Bryan Freilich, Psy.D., ABPP-CN
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Neuropsychological Assessment Service
- 3307 Bainbridge Ave
- Bronx, NY 10467
Telephone: (718) 653-4859 x 228
Fax: (718) 653-7785
Email: Bryan Freilich
Start Date: July 1st
End Date: June 30th
- Clinical (Health)
- Neuropsychology track
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 2 days a week. Thursday is preferred.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- One year of previous clinical experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Is there a stipend for externs?
Do you permit applications before January 15?
What materials need to be submitted?
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Cover letter
How should it be submitted?
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Interviews are conducted in February and offers are made according to externship guidelines.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
- Older Adults
- Ethnic Minorities
Training models offered:
- Not specified
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Cognitive rehabilitation and psychotherapy opportunities also available
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Neuropsychological testing (approximately 1 case per week)
- Report writing
- Mental status exam
- Clinical interviewing
- Feedback sessions
- Externs will learn to administer, score, and interpret neuropsychological test batteries in children and adults with a variety of neurological and psychiatric conditions, including dementia, stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's disease, ruptured aneursyms/AVMs, sickle cell disease, lupus, cancer, and ADHD.
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1-3 hours
Estimated hours/month of group supervision: 1-2 hours
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1-3 hours
|Amichaelides 23:22, 7 Jan 2010 (EST)|
- Externs will have to opportunity to attend grand rounds and various didactic experiences in the Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology at Montefiore Medical Center. There is also an opportunity to gain research experience in ongoing investigations and develop individual projects to meet requirements for master’s degree or doctoral dissertation research.