January 7, 2015
Name of Externship: New York Center for Children
Name of Director/Coordinator: Dr. Edward Greenblatt
Street Address: 333 East 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
Start Date:July 5, 2016
End Date: June 30, 2017
Graduate Students enrolled in a Ph.D. or Psy.D. program in Clinical, Child Clinical, or Combined School-Child Clinical
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 16-21 hours weekly over 2-3 days. Wednesday (10-2) required.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- 2nd year graduate training
Is there a stipend for externs?
Additional dates for applications?
- Applications will be accepted beginning 1/19/16. Applications submitted after 2/15/15 are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
What materials need to be submitted?
- Cover Letter
- DCT Letter of Eligibility
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
How should it be submitted?
- Send completed applications via E-Mail or Regular Mail to Dr. Edward Greenblatt at above email/mailing address.
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Interviews are by invitation. Applicants will be notified of interviews via email. Interviews will be held in February. Applications submitted after 2/15/16 will not necessarily be reviewed.
3 Externship positions will be available for 2016-17.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
- Adults (parents of child patients only)
- Primary and secondary victims of child abuse and domestic violence.
- Ethnic Minorities
Training models offered:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Therapy
- Parent guidance
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: 5-6 Individual
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Personality/Psychopathology Assessment
- Assessment Report Writing
- Mental Status Exam
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1
Estimated hours/week of group supervision:1-2
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1