New York University Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis - Externship Program
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY A private university in the public service Faculty of Arts & Science Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis 240 Greene Street, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10003 Telephone: (212) 998-7925 Facsimile: (212) 995-4370 E-Mail:firstname.lastname@example.orgSpyros D. Orfanos, Ph.D., ABPP Clinic Director
PSYCHOLOGY EXTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Clinic of the New York University Postdoctoral Program (NYU Postdoc) is pleased to announce the resumption of its Psychology Externship Program (PEP). NYU Postdoc is a premier and large psychoanalytic educational program with a strong focus on comparative theory and practice. We have an internationally acclaimed faculty and a tradition of exemplary clinical services to the community at low-cost since 1961.
• PEP starts in academic 2016 – 2017 (September – June).
• We offer depth training in adult psychoanalytic psychotherapy (2 patients at 1x/week and/or 2x/week) to a select group of advanced and talented psychology externs from clinical doctoral programs. Patients are seen Monday through Thursday at the Clinic.
• Individual and group supervision.
• Weekly Friday seminar (didactic and interactive formats address theoretical and clinical issues).
• Participation in the monthly Friday Clinic Symposium.
• Participation in the evening and weekend Colloquia Series.
• Email a cover letter, current CV and 2 letters of recommendations to: Spyros D Orfanos, Ph.D.,ABPP email@example.com.
• Applicants will be interviewed in winter 2015-2016. PEP adheres to the externship rules that exist in the NY/NJ area that externships and clinical programs have agreed to abide by.