North Jersey Neurodevelopmental Center
NOT ACCEPTING STUDENTS FOR THE 2018-2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
Name of Externship: North Jersey Neurodevelopmental Center
Name of Director/Coordinator: Elizabeth Kera, Ph.D.
Street Address: 909 Belmont Avenue
- 2nd floor
- North Haledon, N.J. 07508
Start Date: September
End Date: June
- Clinical Neuropsychology doctoral students interested in assessment of children and adults
- Main clinical populations include learning disability, ADHD, epilepsy, stroke, dementia, movement disorders, and other medical/ neurologic cases
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):
- 1-2 days per week (Mon through Fri, 9-5)
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year doctoral students with neuropsychological testing experience
Preferred level of readiness(any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- 3rd year
Is there a stipend for externs?
Additional dates for applications?
- Applications considered on ongoing basis
What materials need to be submitted?
- Letter of application
- Two samples of written clinical material (neuropsychological test report and/or case summary)
- Letter of readiness
- Letter of application
How should it be submitted?
- email or mail to Dr. Kera at the above contact addresses.
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Once applications are received, candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
Training models offered:
- Comprehensive approach to neuropsychological assessment
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Assessment Report Writing
- Personality/Psychopathology Assessment
- Mental Status Exam
- Cognitive Assessment
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed during externship (defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
- Depending on length of semester and level of experience, approximately 1-2 full batteries per week. Can be decided on individual basis according to needs of student.
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship (defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
- Depending on length of semester and level of experience, approximately 1-2 full reports per week. Can be decided on individual basis according to needs of student.
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1-2 hours
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: 1 if elected
Estimated hours/week of didactics: 1 hour
Externs may be considered for summer semester experiences as well on a case by case basis.