Westchester Medical Center
December 22, 2015
Name of Externship: Westchester Medical Center
Name of Director/Coordinator: Suzanne Braniecki, Ph. D.
Start Date: September 1, 2016
End Date: June 30, 2017
- Students interested in Neuropsychology from the following programs:
- Child Clinical
- Combined School/Clinical
Scheduling (e.g., required/optional days of week, # hrs per day, total hours per week, flexibility in scheduling):Two days per week, approximately 8 hours per day.
Required level of readiness (any prior experiences or level of training required for applicants):
- Second-, third-, fourth-year (and higher) doctoral candidates are considered.
Preferred level of readiness (any prior experiences preferred for applicants):
- Prior experience in neuropsychology and/or pediatrics is preferred.
Is there a stipend for externs?
Do you permit applications before January 15?
What materials need to be submitted?
- Cover letter
- At least two letters of reference
- Letter of readiness from Training Director
- Cover letter
How should it be submitted?
- Via email (Letters of reference must be in PDF format)
Any details of the application process (e.g., interviewing, time frame, how decisions are made):
- Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of the student's completed application.
Description of Externship
Populations commonly served:
- Ethnic Minorities
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Developmental Disorders
If any of these populations are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Training models offered:
If any of these models are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Intervention training experiences commonly offered:
If any of these intervention experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
Expected number of cases seen at any one time: N/A
Assessment training experiences commonly offered:
If any of these assessment experiences are only available to students under certain circumstances, please indicate:
- Inpatient evaluations are assigned if available.
Expected number of full assessment batteries completed per week(defined as administration of a battery of standardized tests):
- Approximately 1 outpatient evaluation per week, with more experienced students given opportunity to see more (based on assessment availability)
Expected number of assessment reports completed during externship per week(defined as writing reports based on a battery of standardized tests:
- 1-2 (based on whether inpatient evaluation is available)
Estimated hours/week of individual supervision: 1 hour.
Estimated hours/week of group supervision: 1 hour.
Estimated hours/week of didactics: Approximately 1-2 hours per week.
|Amichaelides 23:11, 7 Jan 2010 (EST)|